Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Are Bazaars Really Supposed to be This Relaxing?

I had a table at a boy scout troop's fundraising bazaar today. There really weren't very many people there at all. The scouts had a baked goods/chili table, and there were about 6 or 7 other tables. I took my beading -- the necklaces, bracelets, and earrings that I like to make. I was able to manufacture quite a few, owing to the lack of traffic past my table. That's one of the ways I like to relax, though, so I had a nice morning. I sold enough to cover the cost of being there, and to pay for gas next week, so I consider it a success. I received many compliments on my jewelry, too. All in all, a very enjoyable morning. If I ever do it again, though, I'd want more customers. I can always use the money.

Then I came home and mowed the lawn. For the last time. Now our yard looks better than our neighbor's yard. But they're compulsive lawn manicurists, so I don't suppose it will last. I feel a bit of suspense in the air -- who will get the last mow in before it snows?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home