Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Go To Bed Already! (Just Let Me Post This First)

Okay, party update!

We had a great time this evening! After I arrived (obnoxiously, of course), we spent the next hour or so exchanging the most outrageous comments. There were 5 guests and my three sisters and me, so we were able to furnish a lot of imagination.

I asked everyone very blatantly if they had any valuable jewelry, if what they were wearing was gold, and tried to mention money in at least every other sentence. I passed off my 'smuggling and thieving' activities by saying that I was a traveling inventoryist (I don't think that's a word), and that I was much 'wanted' around the world. My sister acted properly horrified that I would mention 'business' in front of her guests.

Later we played poker. I was winning, but Shelley, a reporter from The Maryland Review (that would be Sarah, Liz), decided to try to lose and promptly won everything. It does happen. She then redeemed her monopoly money for the two bags of M&Ms we had allocated for the poker game. Life ain't fair. Think of the stomachache she'll have if she eats all of those! She shared with everyone. I didn't really want to win, because then I might have felt I was entitled to the candy, and that wouldn't be good.

So, I was up until 1am last night sewing that dress, up at 6:30am for school, and now it's after midnight again. I think I should go to bed. My eyes itch.

Here's a picture of my skirt.

Do any of you know how late in life you can become allergic to cats? Just curious. It runs in my family, and I've been getting allergy-like symptoms lately. It could be the trailing end of my cold (on days I don't get enough sleep), or a cat allergy, or just a regular allergy poking it's nasty head out. Quien sabe. I've never been allergic to anything in my life. Except maybe exercise. I think about running in the morning, and my body just starts to ache, and my legs get strange twinges, and my knees become painful, and I can't breathe properly, and my heart starts to pitter-patter -- well, m'dear, you'll just have to suffer through it! Toughen up. And get more sleep.

Wishing you all a sleep-filled evening,
Heidi

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice skirt, have you thought about wearing it with moon boots.

Liz made us watch napolean dynamite, it was quite funny i must say!

8:09 PM  
Blogger liz said...

Haha, Heidi, that's great! I can imagine it all. Funny, the only thing Sarah mentioned was that she was freezing at your house. Interesting how some people only focus on one thing at a time, isn't it?

And I was relieved to see that your skirt wasn't floor-length as I'd imagined :o) I'm glad sister's birthday went so well! 14...wow, I remember then...corn-topping, catering, crushes...yikes.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Anemone Flynn said...

I don't think I will ever be able to bring myself to wear moon boots, Justin, my feet are quite large enough as it is!

I enjoyed watching Napolean Dynamite too, but I don't think I'll need to watch it again. It was a one-time thing for me.

She's 15, Liz! Time is moving even faster than you think! Sarah didn't even mention winning at poker??? I guess she was a little tired at that point.

Heidi

9:05 AM  
Blogger liz said...

whoops. My bad. I knew that. don't tell her I said that.

15! Horse of a different color! Moving into new territory there!

Yesiree, when Sar gets tired, there's no use talking to her. She's pretty much unconscious. It may look like she's comprehending what you say, but, well, she's a great actress...

3:15 PM  
Blogger Anemone Flynn said...

I won't tell her, but be aware that both my mom and my sister read my blog every once in a while.

There are no secrets...

Heidi

3:20 PM  
Blogger liz said...

hahahaha!!!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering if you could give us a review of your favourite audrey hepburn movie, she would have to be an actor i havent seen much of, but have heard allot about, and she was good in breakfast at tiffany's.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home