Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Friday, September 23, 2005

News

I was going to title this post 'bad news'; then I figured, why be depressing right off? Give the reader some time to work into it...

If you're already having a bad day, read this tomorrow. On second thought, maybe it's not that bad and you should just get everything over with today, instead of spreading it out over a perfectly good week-end.

Many, some, most -- okay, I don't know how many -- of you may know that we've been trying to adopt two little boys from Zambia. We had run into a bit of a brick wall communication-wise over the past few weeks. My last update was that we had heard a 'yes' from one family, and no answer from the second. We were waiting for the social worker to track them down and ask them for us.

Yesterday my mom got a letter from the orphanage director saying that the adoption was off. The first family had really said 'no' and the intake officer had just recorded it wrong. The second family had still not shown up, and I guess if they don't show up that's the same as a no.

It's hard to believe, because these families have had no contact with these children for about four years. Why would they care now? Did we just suddenly remind them, 'Oh, yeah, I've got this cousin. I should visit him sometime, now that he's almost 5 years old.'

Anyway, we're going to make a few calls and see what's going on and if there's any hope at all.

I'll keep you posted as allowed by discretion. :-)

Heidi

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Man. There's been so much adoption heartbreak in Idaho in the past 5 or so years. Hard to believe, sometimes, that it's all for the glory of God.
But I suppose the girls would have never been adopted from Ethiopia if the NY hopeful had come through.
Still.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home