Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Poem

This one's going out to you, Liz.
My mom didn't know if you'd seen this poem she wrote for me.


Heidi's Game

Heidi plays a game with me
With calculated subtlety
I supervise and organize
She tests her wit and really tries
To comment unexpectedly
And gain an honest laugh from me
Polite and gracious humorist
To common things she adds a twist
On cheerful help you can rely
When Heidi's home and standing by

by Laura 10-04-03

I'm sure I'll have to post more of my mom's poems sooner or later.


I've had laryngitis for the last two days; I think it's the same bug that laid my mom out for a week, so I should be over it pretty quickly.

I finally passed my qwerty-keyboard typing tests at school -- we only had to be 50wpm, but I was afraid it would be hard for me to do. I seem to have gained speed inexplicably, and passed with flying colors. I have my suspicions, though. They may be counting syllables instead of words...but my teacher is adamant that they counted the words, so who knows! I'm just glad I passed.

That means that I only have one more test at school -- 5 minutes at 225 wpm. Then I graduate! That would be nice, but don't forget about that certification/licensing test I still have to pass in November. Of course, if I don't get that I can take it again in March...then again in November...then again in March...let's not go there.

Yo, G'pa! What's up? How was Starry-eye's soccer game? You can comment on my blogs by clicking the button at the bottom that says '# comments.' Yes, I know, it's an extremely small font. Toodles!

G'night, all!

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I love it!
She wrote it so much better than I ever could have described it. It is pretty hilarious to witness, I must admit...

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home