Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Audrey Hepburn

Thanks for the idea, Justin!

I have always liked Audrey Hepburn's films. The first one that comes to mind is 'Charade' with Cary Grant. I like Cary Grant, too. I've not seen 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'; my parents watched, and returned it before I'd had my turn! My mother didn't particularly like it. I also enjoyed 'Funny Face,' mostly for the good photography and the color contrasts. I've always liked to look at clothes, and Audrey has several good outfits in that movie. I'm just scrolling in the IMDB, and I see 'How to Steal a Million,' which runs a close second to 'Charade.' Hmm, I haven't watched too many of hers. I guess I spent too much time on Cary Grant. (giggle) I have seen 'Sabrina' and 'Roman Holiday.'

'Charade' is the story of a widow whose husband was very rich. He is murdered in the first few minutes of the movie, and all the characters are wondering what became of his fortune. Several dubious men register at the same hotel where Reggie (Hepburn) is staying, and begin to threaten and stalk her, demanding the money they believe should rightfully belong to them. Reggie has to figure out where the money is and stay alive, all while trying to decide whether Peter (Grant) is really who he says he is. Peter keeps changing his name throughout the story, making it even harder for her to trust him.

I like this movie because of the mystery (and the romance, of course!). It is very tense -- I usually end up holding my little sister's hand. (Not for her comfort, either. She used to hold my hand, now I hold hers.) There are also some extremely funny scenes, as in many Cary Grant movies.

'How to Steal a Million' has Peter O'Toole co-starring. I usually don't gush about actors, but I have always liked him in this movie. Hepburn plays the daughter of a painter, and O'Toole plays a detective who is looking into art forgery. When Nicole's (Hepburn) father exhibits a statue at a museum, she must retrieve it before the experts get a close look and discover that it's really a miniature of her grandmother instead of the Cellini Venus. O'Toole ends up showing her how to steal effectively, and the whole escapade makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it.

Any questions? Gotta run to class now!

Ta,
Heidi

4 Comments:

Blogger Anemone Flynn said...

Well, come on, Justin!

All that work and not even a comment???

Heidi

7:26 AM  
Blogger liz said...

Sorry Heidi. Something about New Zealand men, as I've noticed: don't put them under pressure. It's kind of like Calvin (as in: and Hobbes), "I like to keep everyone's expectations of me really low so it's easy to exceed them when I want to!"

Aaaahhhh! I'm just kidding! ...sort of. Well, maybe I'm just in the mood to push some buttons :o)

5:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well then I actually accomplished something I set out to do yesterday. That's a relief.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Anemone Flynn said...

(giggle)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home