Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Oh, that hurts!

I'm not going to write a big post, because I'm falling asleep and my eyes won't stay propped open much longer. Starry-eyes, me, and my dad went on a hike this afternoon. Technically it was her birthday hike. All uphill and downhill (mostly nearly perpendicular) for about 3 hours. No, not so perpendicular that we needed climbing equipment. Although there was this one place where that might have been safer... Don't tell my mom. I worked my legs and did my deep breathing exercises. Gasps for air and for when one or another of us slipped on the (maybe 65 degree?) slope that was covered in shale.

On a low note, all of our kittens disappeared. It seems likely that they were eaten by a skunk or something, but who knows. We're getting one from my aunt to bring our cat population back to three, which is normal. I guess I don't have to worry about allergies for a while, though. I was probably just being a bit of a hypochondriac. Silly.

Okay, my legs are like jello and my eyes hurt.

G'night, all.

Heidi

2 Comments:

Blogger Anemone Flynn said...

I exaggerated a little. And I plead sleep for the grammar mistake. Actually, my legs aren't strained at all today. I don't know why. I feel cheated that I don't even get sore muscles out of that hike. It was hard!

We do have one dog. And I like cats. They're easier to cuddle with. Of course, you have to arrange your schedule so that you can cuddle when they want to, because if the cat doesn't want to, it's all off.

Heidi

4:11 PM  
Blogger liz said...

Oh Heidi, I thought I'd mention that I met one more cat on the face of this planet that I actually like. Poppy. She lives in Dunedin. Pretends she doesn't like people, but I saw through the façade.
While I was housesitting I gave her a little scratching before I noticed she was drooling all over the place. Naughty Poppy. I hate cat drool.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home