Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What a day.

Flat tire on the way home today. I was almost home, and I almost just drove the last two miles on it... but no.

I pulled off into the locals' fishing area and began to change my tire. Luckily I hadn't dressed up for school today. Just when my hands where all black and dirty and I was beginning to consider the relative merits of the possible positions for the jack, a nice man drove up in an Idaho Roofing & Repair truck and offered to help me. I love being a helpless female! Okay, I probably could have changed it myself, but starting those lug nuts is hard work!

After he put my spare on and I thanked him, I drove home. To tell my mother that I needed a new tire, and that it would probably need to be done this evening before soccer. So, I wrecked the schedule.

We went to Wal-Mart for cheap tires, because I don't have an income. I can't even afford the Wal-Mart tires, I'll have to pay my parents back!

There was almost no line at the drive-in area. But it took them one and a half hours before they even thought about driving my car over to get fixed, and another half an hour to actually do it. Yecch. So, I spent two hours sitting around at Wal-Mart. Just what I wanted to do today. And I'm slipping farther and farther into debt...

I think I'll go to bed. Again. I know I always write late, but that's when I'm in my talkative mood. See ya 'round.

Heidi

And I still have to find the money to get the oil changed and the tires rotated and the brakes replaced so I don't die this winter... ... ... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home