Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Monday, November 21, 2005

Interning

Well, I've been doing a considerable amount of interning in the last few days. There's a civil case that I've been sitting in on -- today is my 3rd day. It's not bad to write to. I've listened to a couple expert witnesses talk about interesting things like 'awake fiberoptic intubation,' and 'direct visual intubation,' and 'nurse anesthetists,' and anything you want to know about spinal cord injuries. It's been interesting, and the expert witnesses have spoken slowly enough for me to get most of it. I also sat in on drug court one day last week -- now, that's pretty fast. In drug court almost everything is rote and repeated about thirty-seven times, so it goes by pretty fast.

I'm waiting for court to begin this morning, just thought I'd drop y'all a line. Do you know, courtrooms are usually quite chilly.

Heidi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home