Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Friday, February 24, 2006

Well ...

I've recovered enough from my last test to finally say: Yes, I felt like I did well; no, I won't find out until halfway through next month.

I'm getting tired of this.

Currently, I'm looking for a job/jobs transcribing anything from audio into written word. I need a job.

Other than that, life ain't too bad. I learned to play pool and I'm not absolutely terrible at it. In fact, I enjoy it more than I ever thought I would. Of course, that may be a factor of the company in which I play ...

I'm still practicing my piano, and I'm going to accompany a cousin while she sings "Alla Luce Dal Sole." Now I want to learn Italian so I can sing it, too! She doesn't know Italian, but she's pronouncing it very nicely to my unschooled ear. Musica, por favor!

Life in general has suffered some recent complications since my mom was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia, but it seems to have been acute instead of chronic and the pain is ebbing at present. She was told her sodium and potassium levels were low, so the doc is making her take horse-pill-sized supplements and eat sea salts. And just ask Liz, nobody can say my mom isn't healthy. Oh, well. Starry-eyes has just about taken over the kitchen in her absence -- I'll let them fight it out. Whoever wins will be making lots of cookies, anyway.

Ta,
Heidi

1 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

haha, I have this rather vain enjoyment of being referred to as expert by others.

So, when do I get to see some of the cookies...?
Um, I mean, I'm so glad your mum is feeling better :o)

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home