Semi-colon Corner

I'm a young, punctuation-happy court reporting student.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Nampa, Idaho, United States

Humor is not simply the art of laughing at others, nor merely that of laughing at yourself; rather, it is the ability to see the tiny absurdities of life. -- Anemone Flynn

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Sit Back and Relax

Ahhh...

This is the life. I'm sitting all alone in someone else's kitchen, eating someone else's cold cereal. Only two kitties to worry about, and they stay outside all the time. The Great Black Hunter and the Great Calico Huntress do not get upset, or relieve themselves on the floor, or lick my armpits while I'm trying to catch a minimum of sleep before being awakened to let them out.

I suppose part of my enjoyment is that it's Saturday morning, and I didn't have to get up early to go to school. I will have to journey home to mow the lawn this morning, but I'm not on a schedule.

I finally signed up for the next big test. It will be on the first Saturday in November, I believe. Time to buckle down and study!

KP-PB/AT/HRAOE*S/THAT/PF*S/WAUT/KWR-PL/R-R/SPOEZ/-D/TAO/DAO/FPLT

I'll get busy. At school, this is about when they begin to play past tests for warm-up. I need to pass that last 225 Q&A, and I also have a typing test at 50wpm. I think the real typing scares me more. It's been so long since I've timed myself, I have no idea where I might fall.

It's that Bible study time of the year again, around here. I'd been attending one over the summer, but now that the people have all headed back to college, that's out. The other one is called the Sandwich Group, referring to the fact that we are all in-between things in life. Most of the people who are involved are single, finished with college, and working or taking grad school classes.

I joined up to try to find some young people who actually think. I have found, over the years, that most of the people I can actually talk to are a bit older than I. This group has been good for me -- we worked through the book of James, and the guy who was leading really knew what he was talking about. It keeps me humble when I don't know all the answers before the class.

I hope this group keeps it up. It is connected with the congregation we just discontinued associations with, so I'm hoping I can keep these friendships...

I'm also in a one-on-one Bible study with a very sweet grandmother. She also attends that church -- you can see we were a little bit involved. I hope to retain this friendship, also.

You know, I tend to complain that I don't know anyone. Then, suddenly, when my friendships are threatened, I'm concerned. I still don't think I have anyone to talk to like I want to; but I'm not sure that that's possible in a human being. I don't know if I could ever acknowledge all my faults, dreams, and desires to one person. Maybe a husband? Ah, well, for now I'll just keep it spread around with a few people. If they ever get together and talk...Let's not think about that, shall we?

I'm trying to decide whether I want to attend a dance/dance class that is held in downtown Boise. I think it's free, and it sounds like fun, but I wouldn't know anyone. That's a leetle scary, especially considering my absolute unfamiliarity with any kind of a Saturday-night scene.

I'm listening to Jars of Clay: dig right now. I like their music, but I have to be in the right mood. I've been playing around with my ipod -- there are these things called 'podcasts,' like radio shows that are downloaded, and then you listen when you feel like it. Hmmm, I could like this...

I just found a really interesting website through another blog: The Sacred Sandwich. My mother loves it, I love it, and I'm sure my brother will love it (whenever he gets around to actually reading it...) The link is in the title of this post. Ecstatic Reading to You All!

Semi-colon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home